Savannah, GA BICYCLE ACCIDENT ATTORNEY
Although bicycles are an efficient, healthy, and active means of transportation – like all vehicles, using one on the roadways comes with risks – even on the lovely streets of Savannah, GA. If you have been in an incident involving a bicycle and aren’t sure where the fault lies, or where to begin – we can help! Joseph J. Steffen Jr is a Savannah based attorney who specializes in local Bicycle law. Call us today for a free consultation to determine your next steps.
Common Bicycle Related Case Questions
- Have you been in an accident that involved both a bicycle and a motor vehicle?
- Were you recently injured while riding a bicycle on a roadway?
- Have you been charged with reckless driving involving a bicyclist?
Answering these questions are the first steps to deciding how to approach your case. If you aren’t sure about the answers, we can help with that too. Understanding the local bicycle laws and how they apply to your situation can make all the difference when it comes to a potential court case. Even if you are technically the one at fault, there are varying degrees of responsibility that take outside factors into account.
- Were there outside factors that caused or contributed to this injury? How so?
- Were you riding within a legal bicycle lane or bike path at the time of injury?
- Has your injury prevented you from being able to live a normal independent life?
For anyone looking to press charges or to defend a charge related to a bicycle injury – the details are everything. For example, things like riding in a construction zone at the time of injury, suffering a separate medical event while riding, or some other road obstruction or random occurance that could have attributed in any way to the injury-causing incident are all valid factors to consider.
Reckless Driving & Bicyclists
- What kind of vehicle were you driving when the incident occurred?
- Did it result in any injuries to you or the other party? If so, how severe?
- Was either party under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time of the incident?
Whether you were the bicyclist or the driver of a car, bus, truck, etc. during an incident like this, there is room for error on all sides. Reckless driving may be a misdemeanor, but it is not something anyone wants on their record – just as bicyclists want to share the road in peace with their motorized friends. Noting the presence of drugs or alcohol in the system of either party plays a significant role in determining fault for cases like these, and this can include prescription medication as well.
Being aware of your rights on the road will help in forming a viable prosecution or defense. If you are still not sure about the strength of your claims, give the offices of Joseph J. Steffen Jr, a call and we can help to determine your next steps.
Joe Steffen is an active cyclist and has been blessed to have cycled in both France and Italy but his focus and passion is for safe cycling for you and your family here in the Southeast. He serves on the Savannah Bicycle Campaign and donates to safe cycling initiatives. One particular challenge for the cycling injury case is working with police officers on their reports and picking an unbiased jury panel at trial that will understand a cyclists right to SHARE THE ROAD.
Contacting me is the first step to finding out if you have a case. Consultations are always free.